There are a number of ways to deploy a Streamlit app to a web server to make it accessible to others. One common way is to use a cloud platform such as Heroku or AWS Amplify. These platforms provide all of the necessary infrastructure to host and run Streamlit apps, and they make it easy to deploy and manage apps.
To deploy a Streamlit app to a cloud platform, you will need to create an account with the platform and then follow the platform’s instructions for deploying Streamlit apps. For example, to deploy a Streamlit app to Heroku, you can use the following steps:
- Create a new Heroku app.
- Set the
PYTHON_VERSIONenvironment variable to the version of Python that you are using to develop your Streamlit app.
- Install the Streamlit CLI.
- Deploy your Streamlit app to Heroku using the
Once your app is deployed, you can access it by visiting the app’s URL in a web browser.
Another way to deploy a Streamlit app to a web server is to use a self-hosted server. To do this, you will need to install and configure a web server on your own server. Once the web server is configured, you can deploy your Streamlit app to the server by copying the app’s files to the server’s web root directory.
Once the app is deployed, you can access it by visiting the server’s IP address in a web browser.
Which method you choose to deploy your Streamlit app will depend on your specific needs and requirements. If you need to deploy your app quickly and easily, then using a cloud platform is a good option. If you need more control over the hosting environment, then using a self-hosted server is a good option.
Here are some additional tips for deploying Streamlit apps:
- Use a requirements.txt file to specify the Python packages that your app needs. This will make it easier to deploy your app to different environments.
- Use a version control system such as Git to track changes to your app’s code. This will make it easier to deploy and manage your app over time.
- Test your app thoroughly before deploying it to production. Make sure that the app works as expected and that it can handle all of the expected traffic.
Once you have deployed your Streamlit app, you can share its URL with others so that they can access and use it.