Snowflake offers the following native SQL development and data querying interfaces:
1. Snowsight Worksheets
– Browser-based SQL development and editing.
– Requires no installation or configuration.
– Supports multiple, independent working environments that can be opened, closed, named, and reused across multiple sessions, with all work automatically saved.
– Python-based client for executing all tasks in Snowflake, including querying, executing DDL/DML commands, and bulk loading/unloading of data.
– Download the installer from the SnowSQL Download page.
3. Snowflake SQL Extension for Visual Studio Code:
– Snowflake provides an extension for Visual Studio Code, allowing users to write and execute Snowflake SQL statements directly in VSC.
– Install the extension directly from within Visual Studio Code or indirectly by downloading a specific version.
Moreover, Snowflake seamlessly integrates with various third-party SQL tools for managing the modeling, development, and deployment of SQL code in Snowflake applications. This includes, but is not limited to:
– Dataops (We are partners!)
Please be aware:
The provided list does not encompass all SQL management tools compatible with Snowflake; rather, it includes validated tools known to work effectively with Snowflake. While other tools may be employed alongside Snowflake, we cannot assure seamless interoperability of all features and functionalities in these third-party tools with Snowflake.